I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Monday, March 21, 2005

 

Six Months Out of Every Year ...

That is the title of the first song in the musical "Damn Yankees". Amy and I have acted in that show. It's about baseball. Actually, it's the story of Faust retold as a baseball story.

I digress.

My wife says that she can relate to the lyrics, though.

Why?

Because, it is that time of year again. Spring is in the air ... and in Florida, and Arizona, the Major League clubs are in spring training.

In about a week or so, the regular season will start.

My life is GREAT! I am not in Iraq. I am living with my wife and dogs. We went to a wonderful performance of the Bach's St. Matthew's Passion last night. AND I have two fantasy baseball teams going, already. You can find them here: Radar's Rangers, and Linus' Lounge Lizards.

Plus! I get to re-watch the Ken Burns documentary on baseball.

I'll share some stuff from it that, I think, will help you understand why I love the game.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us