I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

 

Head of oil-for-food program blocked audit

Imagine this.

Never mind that most sources I could find said that the complex of palaces that I lived and worked on during my time in Iraq were built with "Oil for Food" money.

It was one of the worst kept secrets in the world that the "Oil for Food" program was not actually benefitting the Iraqi people that needed it. So, to hear about this corruption, is no real surprise.

Actually, given what is in the article, the word "corruption" is too harsh. Thanks to the lack of proper supervision, it was too easy to abuse the system.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us