I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

Can Democrats Not See the Cliff Over Which They Are Plunging? by Jack Kelly

It's interesting.

First, let me say that most of my life I have identified myself as a conservative Democrat. I did vote for Clinton in '92. Thanks to various an sundry reasons owing to inconvenience with my military service, I have not voted in a Presidential election since. (BTW, my first vote ever cast was to re-elect President Reagan.)

Since the campaign to elect Bush the first time, I have found myself more and more identifying with the Republicans.

To give you an idea where all of this is coming from, over the last few weeks, Amy and I have been watching the first few seasons of West Wing on DVD. In watching this, I find myself in an interesting situation: Remembering why I was a Democrat for the Clinton years.

The political strategy that the Republican party was primarily using through the 90's is the answer. With the nomination of President Bush, the party changed, at least, their rhetoric, and many of their tactics.

The Democrats have taken them over.

Mr. Jack Kelly, the author of the article that I have linked in this title, outlines rather well how the current Democratic party is shooting itself in the foot. Give it a read. It's worth the 5-10 minutes it will take.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us