I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

11,000

First of all, let me thank Teresa for my "Adopt-A-Soldier" membership to Rush Limbaugh's website. I am loving getting to read Rush's daily source material, among other things.

The link for this post is from an editorial that appeared in the New York Post. It's great.

The lead sentence is:
In yet another nod to what Democrats blithely assert is "the worst economy since Herbert Hoover," the Dow Jones Industrial Average yesterday closed above 11,000 for the first time since before 9/11.

Near the end, the writer notes that:
Total U.S. household wealth now stands at an eyepopping $51 trillion. For perspective, 10 years ago it was roughly half that.

Let's re-frame the question that the first President Bush used to get elected.

Are you better off than you were 10 years ago?

I am an enlisted man in the US Army. Supposedly, I qualify as "poor".

I'm much better off than I was 10 years ago. I have significantly less debt, and I have much more disposable income now than ever in my adult life.

How about you?

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us