I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

 

There and Back Again, Chapter 5

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!

Friday, 15 October

I'll just cut to the chase here. I had a great time at home. Rarely left the house. We did go out to eat a couple of times. Our two favorite restaurants in Bamberg.

The guys at the liaison office were great. They really should have sent me back Tuesday, but those guys were able to delay my departure to today.

I got a call last night that I needed to be at the airbase that I would fly out of at 7:30 this morning. Which meant, I had to be on post in Bamberg to meet my ride at 5 AM this morning. They should have sent me back on Tuesday, and here it is Friday, and I am sitting on a plane on the runway to head to Kuwait.

So, I got up shortly after 4 this morning, got my stuff together, got myself together, and headed to the unit. The ride to the airport would have been completely uneventful, but, there was an accident, or something that closed down a major portion of the autobahn. I ended up getting to the airport an hour and a half late. Luckily, the way that the Air Force works these kind of flights, I still was there 5 hours before they started boarding the plane.

This plane is jam packed. Every seat is full, and they definitely crammed as many seats on this plane as they could.

It is time for the fascinating pre-flight safety equipment brief.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us