I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

 

Blog Changes

A few days ago, I took the "Listening" area out of the right hand side. Tonight, I took the "Reading" part out.

Frankly, I haven't been listening to any music for weeks, maybe months. No time. I listen to talk radio to and from work. My life, recently, has precluded listening to music any other time.

As for reading, the only reading I have been doing in the last few months is on "the can". Mainly, it has been magazines that I have built up. I'm, still, working on finishing military history journals that I purchased in the spring of this year.

I've spent the last year + trying to simplify, and prioritize my life.

It hasn't been easy.

Actually, it would be more honest to say that the more I try to cut the extraneous out of my life the more "extraneous" piles up. It has gotten to a point where the reading of books has ceased, the regular listening of music has ceased, ... regularly accessing my most creative outlet has ceased.

Look at how often I have posted to my blog over the last year.

(This is my main creative outlet. ... The blog design, it's content.)

I sat down today about 1:45 PM at the computer.

My wife and I agreed that, for me, it was going to be a day for me that was all about reading the source material I, normally, write from, and blogging.

It was almost 10 PM tonight before I began to, seriously, read the material. Look at the time stamps for my posts.

It's kind of frustrating.

But, I need more of this. After work tomorrow, I don't have to go to work again until Wednesday. I'm going to try to get through more of this.

We'll see.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us