I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Monday, March 27, 2006

 

About that "Civil War" ...

Let's recount my personal history ...

I don't claim to be "gifted", but I'm no idiot, and I can see through most BS when I see it.

Then, I spent a year in Iraq.

It didn't diminish anything I said before, but it did give me a greater appreciation for what was going on there.

The "naysayers" have been predicting (do a search on ANY news site back to before the beginning of the war) a civil war. The simple fact of the matter is that it has not happened.

Listen/read to the news. Listen/read to EVERYTHING they say, and everything they don't say.

Finally, read, or re-read, if you followed the link to begin with, the article this is all about.

The Lieutenant Colonel(LTC) who wrote it, from Baghdad, in my experience, is right.

Then again, what do I know?

As of this date, this Iraq War has been going on since 2003, right? Three years.

I spent a year there.

One third of that time.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us