I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

 

Counting down

The end is in sight!

I can't tell you exact dates. However, the band from the division that is replacing us is here. They got here Monday. We moved into tents to prepare to get out of here Sunday. The person that is replacing my boss started work today.

We are doing what the military calls a RIP or Relief In Place. Basically, we train our replacements in what our job, locally, entails. Then, we turn it over to them.

According to what my Commander told me tonight, we should be in Germany by my next payday.

All the 1st ID folks are getting "short", and the short timer's attitude is kicking in. People that have been pretty squared away the entire deployment are starting to act stupid. My version of the short timer's attitude is to have little or no patience with stupidity. The two together have made for an interesting combination.

Thought the following picture applied well, though I don't really think I'm burntout, yet.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us