I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Monday, September 13, 2004

 

Muslims and Dogs

Thought the title might catch your attention.

As I sit down to write tonight, I have two totally unrelated topics on my mind. Guess what they are.

Let's go in order.

I've either linked to, or written some things that might lead you to believe that I either believe that all Muslims are terrorists or that I have some other prejudice against them. Actually, I believe quite the opposite. In particular, I believe the opposite of the many Iraqis that I have come into contact with since I got here. They are great people. I count many of them as friends. I just wanted to dispel any misconceptions that you might have had.

Okay.

The "salchicha" post from last night was written, originally, in 1997. Thought I might give you an update, and I felt like posting some pictures.

Where to start?

My "boys"The boys
are Tasselhof Burrfoot, and Radar O'Reilly. Tas is on the right, and Radar is on the left in the above picture. They are from the same litter. Their sire was a Panamanian Kennel Club show champ, and their mother was registered with the AKC. I say "was". That's an assumption. If they are still alive, they are about 15 years old. We lost touch with the breeder when we left Panama. Tas was the biggest pup in the litter. (He had to be pulled from the mother, he was to big for her to birth him by herself.) Radar was the runt.

The entire litter was sold and left the breeder's house when they were 8 weeks old. Originally, we only had Tas. The people that bought Radar from the breeder sold us to him about a month later. They coudn't keep him, and knew from talking to us that we really wanted two pups from that litter. Radar has been the "top dog" in our house since about three weeks after we brought him home.

The boys are almost 9 years old now. Radar, in particular, is beginning to gray.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

About a year ago, one of the discs in Tas' back exploded, basically. He is partially paralyzed from just in front of his hips.
I AM NOT a
You can see his cart in this picture, pretty well. With or without the cart, Tas can still beat his brother in a race to the front door from any part of the house.

They are keen watch dogs. They are very territorial, and warn us about anything invading "their space".Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They are quite a team. They have perfected mouse catching as a team event, "treed" the postman, and multiple squirrels. It's amazing what they can do when they work together as a team.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tas is the "happy-go-lucky" playful one.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Radar is a "flirt". He loves people, and will do, or put up with a lot to please people.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They still act like a pups most of the time, but you can tell time is taking it's effect. They are starting to have "old man" moments.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Well, I am sure that is enough. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's getting late, here, and I am beginning to get a bit drowsy, myself.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us