I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

 

I Think My Wife and I Have Hit a Weird Place ...

Earlier tonight, I was working on getting the smoker going (I am smoking a whole chicken), and my wife was channel surfing. She stopped on the opening of "The Sound of Music".

As I was heading out to the deck, I stopped to watch the beautiful scenery of that opening. (Amy and I loved living in Bavaria, where some of the film was shot.) Then, the camera zoomed in on Julie Andrews on top of a mountain, in the middle of this gorgeous shot, and she sang: "The hills are alive ..." ...

And, immediately, both of us, from different parts of the house, sang, in time, and in key: "and their eating children."

I think the term is synchronicity. No matter, it was kind of bizarre.

Labels: , , ,


design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us