I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

 

I AM my Grandfather's Son

NO! NO! NO!

It's not what you think!

I have talked, at length, on this blog, about my Grandpa.

I NEVER heard him refer to me as a "grandson", "my daughter's son", "Louise's boy" ... or whatever. When he talked about me, to other people, I was, according to him, "my boy". I don't think he ever called me by my name ... to me. It was always "son".

Make no mistake, there was no incestuous thing going on, and my Dad is my father.

My grandfather had no male children, and I was the first grandchild.

So ...

On the other hand, genetics works!

I know this because I laughed, HARD, about the following ... and I thought of all the stories I have ever heard Grandpa tell ... and some of the ones I told as part of his eulogy.


design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us