I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 

Not enemy does not equal friend

Russia has not been the "enemy" for about 18 years now.

I don't remember the exact date, but I remember where I was, and how I felt when I heard that Communism and the Berlin Wall fell.

I was in Basic Training at Fort Dix, NJ, in 1989.

While this article goes on to say that this was, probably, more aimed at Middle Eastern countries than the US, the explicit warning to the US cannot be ignored in this.

I'm not saying that Russia is the enemy, again, like in the Cold War.

What I am saying is that, just because someone (individual, group, or country) is not your enemy, doesn't make them your friend.

I don't get a real "warm fuzzy" feeling from this announcement. ... it's more of a cold, iron, curtain feeling.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us