I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

 

Too Make A Long Story Short ...

Too Late!

My First Sergeant(1SG) came to formation on Friday with a laptop computer and played the mp3 of LTG Honore from that press conference I mentioned below.

The unit, as a whole, loved it.

We laughed when he said, "Don't get stuck on stupid."

Then, literally, did the ROFLMAO thing when he said, "You are stuck on stupid. I'm not answering that question."

I had to have the mp3.

It was a slow day at work. So, I went back to my office and tried to find it on the internet. Couldn't find it. I went and asked the 1SG where he got it. He showed me where he got the link.

In the process of getting it, I found the following places: SteynOnline, which I have referenced below; Radio Blogger, where I got my link to the mp3; Neal Boortz's site, where I found the link to the link for the mp3.

They all look pretty thought provoking.

Let me keep that in context. I find Rush Limbaugh thought provoking. I don't agree with him. In fact, I find myself, very often, arguing with my radio when I listen to him. I find Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher (I haven't lived in the States since 2002, I have no idea if that show is still on or if Bill Maher is still hosting it) thought provoking. ... I just couldn't watch it. The station that aired it, locally, played it from 11:30 to midnight. I got so wound up from watching it that I, normally, couldn't get to sleep for an hour or so. That's not a good thing when you have to be at work a 6:30 AM.

Whether it's Rush, or some left wing nutjob, (yes, by comparison, I just called Rush a right wing nutjob) I enjoy listening to what they have to say. It makes me think. I have to formulate, and articulate why they are "nutjobs".

There is verse in the Bible, Proverbs 27:17 in the King James Version, that states:

Iron sharpeneth iron ; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.


Countenance can mean face or mind/soul/thoughts/thinking.

In short, someone that disagrees with you is not, necessarily, your enemy.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us