I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

 

Wazzzup?

Progress Report

I'm still on my FOB. I did end my job officially on Thursday. I did mail off that last box on Saturday. I'm down to the stuff that I will carry onto the plane out of here (1 duffel bag, a ruck sack, and a carry-on (my laptop)).

I've managed to get and keep enough good will with the people that replaced the 1st ID crew at the MWR that I have no problems getting into the office when no one is using it, and using the internet line there. Which is what I have been doing to kill time the last few nights (including tonight, obviously).

The MWR's CD library has had a bunch of new contributions to it since I last went through it. So, tonight, I am reading some news (baseball news at the moment, may post some stuff on that later) and ripping CD's to MP3. I'm ripping B.B. King: Live in the Cook County Jail, at the moment.

There is a bunch of latin music that appeared. So, I am going to rip that. My wife, in particular, enjoys that. I like it, but not enough to invest much in it, in terms of CD's. I figure there is probably some stuff here that she will enjoy. So, I am going to take it back on my hard drive for her.

I'll probably be posting to the blog throughout the night. I haven't had much chance to follow the news over the last week or two.

After tonight, the next posts on this blog will probably come from Germany.

BTW, I have no idea why the first three CD covers are not loading in the box on the right. I checked that out earlier. There seems to be some problem with them on the service that hosts my pictures. Most everything else seems to be coming through okay, though.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us