I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

 

"Off, I am pissed."

Okay, back to the "Yoda" post from earlier.
My "channeling" of Yoda was: "Off, I am pissed."
---
I LOVE tactical/strategic games.
For those of you that are old enough to remember, there used to be these games where you could reenact almost EVERY major battle or war fought in Western Civilization ... on a board with hexagonal spaces, and the individual units used in the battle were little cardboard squares.
Craig William Robertson and I played A LOT of those.
We fought every major battle of WWII against each other ... the Battle of Waterloo ... the air battles of WWI ... and some "fantasy" scenarios ("Conan the Barbarian"/"Lord of the Rings" kind of stuff) etc. (Craig William Robertson: I would LOVE for us to play one more game of "Divine Right" together!)
Craig won a few. I beat him more often than not.
My Dad was decent at chess, and EVERY time we ever played together, he SPANKED ME.
After seeing Craig and I playing the "Waterloo" game, he wanted to try ... against me.
---
I let Dad play the "Allies" ... Wellington (the historical winners), the first time.
I, THOROUGHLY, ran him through the rules ... IN PARTICULAR, what he had to do to win, ... AND what he had to do to make me lose ... even if he didn't "win".
---
I didn't just "win".
I DESTROYED him.
---
Then, we played the game the other way.
I BEAT him even worse, this time.
---
Same thing with Craig in that game.
---
It got to point where neither would play me, in "Waterloo".
---
Those games go too tiresome, eventually, however.
---
It took 2-3 hours to set up the board, and review the rules ... for, most of the time, less than 30 minutes of game play. ... then you had to put it all up a again ... another hour or so.
---
Which is why I LOVE Age of Empires II, and Age of Mythology.
You spend about 5 seconds setting up the same kind of game ...
ONLY THIS TIME, you have to build the ENTIRE civilzation/economy that ... does that ... that takes over the known world. ... and make it happen.
All without spending most of your time just getting ready to "play".
---
Call me a "sociopath", if you will, but there is something VERY satisfying about, ... after a long and difficult day at work ... coming home, and ... building human existence, from scratch, ... creating a civilization, and, in some cases, building some of the greatest wonders of human existence. ... and DESTROYING anyone and everything that would keep that from happening.
... on your computer, as a game.
---
and it has NOTHING to do with race or ethnicity.
Some of my FAVORITE victories have been when I was playing the Korean civilization against the Spanish, the French or the British.
(In particular, the Korean Navy KICKS ASS!, in medieval times)
---
So, I found a couple of games.
Their initial promise is that they would be successors to these games I ADORED. ... AND they promised that I could play, continuously, back and forth, whether on my phone or on my computer.
---
That worked up to a point.
The game that was the counterpart of "Age Mythology" worked on my computer well ... and took about another 3 hours to get the "smartphone" version working, and I'm not sure about that yet.The "Age of Empires" game worked well on my phone, and my computer ... they just don't sync.
At this point, on my phone, I have SERIOUS game going on ... conquering territory, and stuff.
On my computer, ... nothing ... I am faced with the tutorial.
---
AAAAHHHH!!!!
---
It's almost 2017!
This shit isn't supposed to be this hard!



design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us