I'm fixing a hole...
where the rain gets in ...
and stops my mind from wandering ...
where it will go.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

 

I'm in the mood again

I feel like posting pictures, again.

It struck me that I have talked a lot about being over here but I haven't shown you anything really. So, I've borrowed some pictures that my co-workers have taken, and am going to post them tonight. Some of these pictures are rather large, that's why I've only posted thumbnails. Click the picture to see it full-size.

This is Sarmad, one of the vendors in our bazaar, and Sergeant (SGT) Nicole Smith. She is the manager of the Sports Bar in the MWR building. The picture is taken behind the bar of the Sports Bar.

Sarmad acts as the head vendor in the bazaar. Translates for us, and runs the electronics booth in the bazaar. Sarmad has hooked me up with a webcam, mic/headphone combo, the cordless mouse for my laptop, and all five of the SD cards for my Palm. His prices are great. Much cheaper than the PX.

This SGT Smith, again, behind the Sports Bar with our boss, Master Sergeant (MSG) Bobby Anderson.


This next pic is MSG Anderson behind the Sports Bar with Muhammad. Muhammad is Sarmad's cousin. Muhammad runs the maintenance crew for our building. Muhammad and Sarmad both are good friends with all of us that work here.


This is taken right outside the front door of our building. Some genius threw a lit cigarette in one of the trash cans. This is me and one of the KBR employees for MWR, BJ, putting out the fire. Proving that KBR and the military can work together. This is not the best shot of this. We had one with both of us looking at the camera and smiling. But I can't find it.


I've mentioned that we get all the stuff for the Sports Bar from the PX. I took this picture of SGT Smith with a couple of the guys we normally deal with when we shop for the Sports Bar. Joe is on the left, and Diles (sp?) is on the right. It's pronounced "duh-lease".


Some time ago, I mentioned my friend, Greg. The guy that used to work SWAT in East St. Louis. This is SGT Smith with Greg (on the left), and Steve. They both work for DynaCorps.


Do you remember that palace of Saddam's that we hit with 6 missiles in the first couple of hour of the war? It's right across the street from where I work. It's actually on this base. This is a picture of MSG Anderson on top of our building with that palace in the background.


Here's another shot of that palace from the back. You can see the damage. This place is now condemned and off limits to soldiers.


This is the MWR crew with a number of the attendees of that conference we had a few weeks ago. I've given you the names, already, of all the permanent workers at the MWR in picture, except for Jessi Vanya. Everyone in civilian clothes is an Iraqi that attended the conference.


This is Sarmad and the last of the "permanent" staff at the MWR, Private First Class (PFC) Jessi Vanya. Vanya is the person in charge of the rotating crew that oversees our Iraqi workers. This picture was taken in the back of our facility.


Well, that's all of the pictures from here that I have to post at the moment. I will try to get some more soon.

design by dreamyluv

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
Get Firefox!
Get Thunderbird!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us